Fans of Color Research Prize
Transformative Works and Cultures is now seeking submissions for the 2024 Fans of Color Research Prize. The award recognizes the best peer-reviewed article about fans and/or fandoms of color published in TWC in the preceding 3 years (for 2024, no earlier than 2021) and furthers the journal’s goal to support scholars whose work fills critical gaps in fan studies literature about racially marginalized and/or non-western fans. The winner will receive a $500 cash prize.
- The submission must be about fans of color. This designation includes both groups that are racially marginalized, such as Latine fans in the US, and fans in nonwestern international contexts, such as Chinese fans in China.
- It must have been published no earlier than 2021.
- Only one article per author will be considered.
- Authors may self-nominate, or articles may be nominated by someone else. Authors nominated by third parties will be asked whether they consent to participate.
- Submissions must include the submitter’s name, article title, and DOI or link and are due to email@example.com no later than May 1, 2024 (Anywhere on Earth).
A prize committee composed of members of the TWC editorial board will evaluate submissions.